Create Email Automation
Automation emails are sent when certain events (triggers) occur. To use this feature, you'll first need to have created or selected an email template.
Adding Our Pre-made Templates to your Library:
To select a pre-made email template, go to the Email tab, and click the Get More button in the Email window.
You can select any of these templates that can be tailored to your business by clicking “Add to my Templates”. Click “Done” in the top right corner when you’re finished selecting the templates you want.
Please Note: You can edit these templates after they've been added to your template library. If you decide to edit the templates after you've added them to your template library, make sure you click on the "Save" button at the bottom to save all your changes.
Customizing Your Own Templates
To create a new template:
- Go to the Email tab > Compose Email window.
- Type the body of the email message in the box, or add HTML by clicking the HTML button in the email toolbar.
- You can include merge tags by clicking the Add Merge Tags button at the bottom of the email.
- Indicate a Subject for the email, which will become the template name.
- Click the Save button when finished, or Save & Send to save the template and send it now.
Your template is ready for automation use.
To create an Automation Email:
- Go to the Email tab and select the Automation tab.
- Enter a Campaign Name for a specific email trigger.
- Select the Trigger Event. This is what will send the email automatically to your customer. For a description of each trigger event, click here.
- Select your Email Template. Only the ones in your Email Template Library will show up here. Whenever you make an edit to an email template, it will reflect here.
- All emails will be sent in real-time, or when the actual event happens.
- Click Save when you're finished